Did you just receive, in the mail, the ominous letter from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? Have they contacted you previously and you tried to ignore it? Has the IRS turned up the heat and filed to garnish your wages or have they shown up at your work or home? If your trying to handle the situation yourself, then you’re playing right into their hands. Despite what the IRS or the California Department of Revenue tells you, they do not care about your rights. They are focused solely on collecting the tax debt they believe you owe. You have rights!
If you live in San Jose, stop right now and contact Tax Relief Systems, LLC. One of our experienced California tax professionals will speak with you and start the process to get you protected and back on the road to a peaceful life. A life that is void of IRS harassment and California Department of Revenue entanglements. You have the right to representation and protection under the United States tax code.
Did you know? Per the IRS (taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov), a few of your rights follow:
- if you owe a penalty, each written notice of such penalty must provide an explanation of the penalty, including the name of the penalty, the authority under the Internal Revenue Code, and how it is calculated. IRC § 6751(a)
- The IRS must inform you in certain publications and instructions that when you file a joint income tax return with your spouse, both of you are responsible for all tax due and any additional amounts due for that tax year, unless “innocent spouse” relief applies. RRA 98 § 3501(a)
- If the IRS proposes to assess tax against you, it will send you a letter providing the examination report, stating the proposed changes, and providing you with the opportunity for a review by an Appeals Officer if you respond generally within 30 days. This letter, which in some cases is the first communication from the examiner, must provide an explanation of the entire process from examination (audit) through collection and explain that the Taxpayer Advocate Service may be able to assist you. RRA § 3504
- Taxpayers have the right to retain an authorized representative of their choice to represent them in their dealings with the IRS.
Remember, the IRS will not call you. They correspond via letter or in person. If they need to discuss with you over the phone, they will request by a letter for you to contact them directly. We highly recommend you do not negotiate directly with the IRS alone. The intricacies of the tax code are a mine field and best navigated with the guidance of a tax professional. In San Jose, you do not only have the IRS to deal with, you have the oppressive California Department of Revenue. San Jose is one of the most beautiful cities in the United States. You live here because of the beauty and the lifestyle you have become accustomed to. Your home, car, and other luxuries are at risk when the IRS or California Department of Revenue become involved. Why would you risk everything, because you decided it would go away if you ignored it or you could handle it yourself?
The solution, that will reduce your stress and provide protection, is to hire a reputable tax relief company. A company that can help achieve a tax relief agreement with the IRS. Tax Relief Systems, LLC has proven strategies, for San Jose taxpayers, with tax experts that will be by your side every step of the way. We are dedicated to offering solutions designed to assist with tax audits, help reduce tax debt, and stop wage garnishments and bank levies. Many times, we have assisted our clients in settling tax debts for much less than was originally owed. The tax relief experts at Tax Relief Systems, LLC are available to be your dedicated resource to save you the most money while resolving your IRS debt in the shortest amount of time possible.
Do you owe a tax debt to the IRS or California Department of Revenue? Can you not afford to pay the bill? You have options, including:
- Offers in Compromise with liability in question or inability of collection
- Audit Reconsideration
- Hardship Offers
- Part pay Installment Agreements
- Full pay Installment Agreements
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy
To learn more about how we can help get you out of the jaws of the IRS collections or prevent you from falling into future tax traps, call 424-264-5854 for our San Jose team or contact us through our online form.