Tax Relief Systems, LLC makes fear of the IRS a thing of the past. Fear and anxiety are the first emotions when a notice from the IRS appears. If you’re like most people in Atlanta, you have never dealt with the IRS before and most likely unsure of your options or what move to make. If you have received notice that you owe back taxes or being audited, it is important to not attempt self-resolution. You are best served to have an experienced tax attorney on your side, especially in Atlanta. This is just as important with cases concerning the Georgia Department of Revenue. Both entities are relentless and unforgiving in their tax collection tactics. They believe they are owed a predetermined amount of money, based on their calculations, and they are determined to obtain it via required specific procedures and timelines. One misstep can expose you to additional liability and may result in the forfeiture of your right to appeal your tax debt.
Areas of expertise:
- Unfiled tax returns and voluntary disclosures
- Negotiations, audits and appeals
- Collections, appeals and related issues
- IRS Offshore Tax-Amnesty Program
- Foreign/offshore account criminal investigations
- Tax fraud and evasion criminal investigations
- Criminal tax investigations
- Business/corporate employment and income tax investigations
- Offers in Compromise and discounts
We will Act in Your Best Interests. At Tax Relief Systems, we offer our clients trusted and valuable legal representation during disputes with the IRS and Atlanta DOR. Some think ignoring the issue will make it go away by hoping the IRS clock runs out. Waiting and not addressing a tax issue only makes it worse and more costly. Our tax attorneys can assist you with making the right choice and the best IRS settlement options to pursue based on in the long-run.
Some types of settlements our tax attorneys can negotiate with the IRS include:
- Installment payments — Payment plan to resolve tax debt.
- Offers in compromise — Negotiation in the attempt to a lower tax payment, sometimes debt forgiveness.
- Innocent spouse relief — Negotiation to obtain relief from your spouse’s tax obligations, depending on your divorce or separation status.
- Bankruptcy Filings – Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13. In some cases, filing for bankruptcy may be the most effective, efficient way to discharge tax debts.
The biggest thing to remember is you are not alone. We are available and by our Atlanta clients side every step of the process. We will not leave you out in the cold.
If you’ve received notice of an audit or tax debt from the IRS or the Georgia Department of Revenue, then you have joined an undesirable club. Call our law office at 424-264-5854 for help. You can also complete our website form to make an appointment or ask a question.