Tax Attorney New York City
When and what circumstance would you need a tax attorney? Chances are, if you live in New York City, you need one more than you can imagine. To know if you need a tax attorney, you need to know what a tax attorney is and does. A tax attorney is a lawyer who specializes in the complex and technical field of tax law. Tax attorneys are skilled, experienced, and the right choice for handling complex, technical, and legal issues. Since New York City residents have the trifecta when it comes to taxation, city, state, and federal income tax. Some of the reasons you might hire a tax attorney are simple, such as income tax issues, but others might not be so obvious. You might need a tax attorney if:
- You are starting a business and need legal counsel about the structure and tax treatment of your company.
- You are engaging in international business and need help with contracts, tax treatment, and other legal matters.
- You have a taxable estate, need to make complex estate planning strategies, or need to file an estate tax return.
- You plan to bring a suit against the IRS.
- You plan to seek independent review of your case before the US Tax Court.
- You are under criminal investigation by the IRS.
- You have committed tax fraud (such as claiming false deductions and credits) and need the protection of privilege.
If any of these match your situation or is very close, then contact our team today. 424-264-5854
To help make things easier as to what the benefits of hiring a tax attorney, it helps to understand how a tax attorney will help you, especially in New York City. Simply, a tax attorney can take the stress away derived from receiving an audit notice from the IRS or any other unwanted notification they might send. Tax attorneys have dealt with the IRS in many cases and are aware of the mishaps that can occur. They will work to understand your side of the issue and then defend you against the IRS that may have misunderstood the facts in your case.
It is our firm belief that as taxpayers, each of our clients, from New York City, deserve fair and just legal representation, to obtain relief. Relief from interest and penalties or negotiate reasonable tax settlement. Our team of attorneys, are available to answer any questions you may have about legal matters that affect you personally and/or your business. These matters may include:
- State tax issue and Local tax issues
- Delinquent tax returns
- Relief from penalties
- Offer in Compromise in which we negotiate the amount of taxes owed
- Partial pay agreements
- Installment agreements
- Unites States Tax Court Representation
- IRS Appeals
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty Relief
- Innocent Spouse Relief
- Audit Defense and Appeals
- Interest, Levies, Liens, and Seizures
- Relief from wage and bank garnishments
- Payroll Tax Collections
If you have tax issues, do not wait any longer. Call us at 424-264-5854 today. Procrastination and hoping it will just go away is not going to make your situation easier.