Tax Relief Washington DC
Did you open your mailbox to find the warning letter from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? Have they previously contacted you and you tried to ignore it, unsuccessfully? Has the IRS showed up at your work or filed a wage garnishment? Trying to handle the situation yourself? Remember, the IRS has the upper hand. Despite what the IRS or the DC Office of Tax and Revenue may say to you, they are not concerned with your rights or whether you can pay. All the IRS is focused on is collecting the tax debt they believe you owe, not what you owe. You do have rights under the US Tax Code!
If you live in Washington, DC, stop right now and contact Tax Relief Systems, LLC. One of our experienced Washington DC tax professionals will speak with you, answer your question, and begin the process to get you protected and back to a stress-free life. A life that is void of IRS stalking and DC Office of Tax and Revenue difficulties. You have the right to representation and protection under the United States tax code.
Did you know? Per the IRS (taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov), a few of your rights follow:
- If you owe a penalty, each written notice of such penalty must provide an explanation of the penalty, including the name of the penalty, the authority under the Internal Revenue Code, and how it is calculated. IRC § 6751(a)
- You may request that the IRS remove any interest from your account that was caused by the IRS’s unreasonable errors or delays. For example, if the IRS delays issuing a statutory notice of deficiency because the assigned employee was away for several months attending training, and interest accrues during this time, the IRS may abate the interest as a result of the delay. IRC § 6404(e)
- The IRS may not disclose your tax information to third parties unless you give it permission IRC § 6103
- Taxpayers have the right to retain an authorized representative of their choice to represent them in their dealings with the IRS.
Contrary to popular belief, the IRS will not call you. The IRS corresponds by letter or in person. If they need to discuss with you over the phone, a letter of request will be sent for you to contact them directly. We strongly recommend you refrain from negotiating directly with the IRS alone. The complexities of the tax code are a mine field and best navigated with the guidance of a tax professional. In Washington, DC, you do not only have the IRS to deal with, you have the DC Office of Tax and Revenue. Washington, DC is the capital of the United States. You live here because of the beauty, and the lifestyle you have become comfortable with, including the hustle and bustle. Washington, D.C., residents are taxed at 5 rates, ranging from 4% to 8.95%. Your home, car, and other luxuries are at risk when the IRS or DC Office of Tax and Revenue are involved. Why risk everything, due to the decision to ignore the situation or trying to handle it yourself?
The solution, that will reduce your stress and provide protection, is to hire a trustworthy tax relief company. A company that can help accomplish a tax relief agreement with the IRS. Tax Relief Systems, LLC has proven strategies, for Washington, DC taxpayers, with tax experts that will be by your side every step of the way. We are dedicated to offering solutions designed to assist with tax audits, help reduce tax debt, and stop wage garnishments and bank levies. Many times, we have assisted our clients in settling tax debts for much less than was originally owed. The tax relief experts at Tax Relief Systems, LLC are available to be your dedicated resource to save you the most money while resolving your IRS debt in the shortest amount of time possible.
Do you owe a tax debt to the IRS or DC Office of Tax and Revenue? Can you not afford to pay the bill? You have options, including:
- Offers in Compromise with liability in question or inability of collection
- Audit Reconsideration
- Hardship Offers
- Part pay Installment Agreements
- Full pay Installment Agreements
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy
To learn more about how we can help get you out of the jaws of the IRS collections or prevent you from falling into future tax traps, call 424-264-5854 for our Washington, DC team or contact us through our online form.